Monday, February 7, 2011

Faithful

The reason I started this blog is pretty simple. God has set my heart on fire for orphans, widows, adoption, and "the least of these". It is kind of funny- when I was trying to come up with a name for my blog, I tried literally every verse or phrase or word that had anything to do with orphans/adoption but they were all taken. Which is WONDERFUL. But it also made me question a little bit what difference I can even make. I am a 22 year old college student (until I graduate in August), I have no wife\mother experience (just a LOTTTTTT of babysitting- which I love)...

Today I had a conversation with a friend where I shared a little bit of my heart for orphans and adoption... and her reaction was less than enthusiastic. I have wonderful friends and family who are so supportive... but her comment was so discouraging.

But not 20 minutes later, I had a conversation with a girl who has a heart for 'the least of these' that is so similar to mine I wanted to cry.

And then it hit me full force... GOD. IS. FAITHFUL.

I have said that probably 1000 times and I KNOW that it is true but that He would care enough to affirm me and encourage me in that situation left me so thankful that I serve a God who is personal and real and DIED so that He could have a relationship with me.

I don't feel equipped, I don't feel like I have anything together, I don't have a clue what I am going to do when I graduate, I don't know where God is leading me... but I DO feel called. And I will follow Him where He leads me.

Love yall,
Lindsay

1 comment:

  1. this just made my heart really happy. i want to have talks like this with you, and i want to be able to encourage you the way that you encourage me. i love you lots and really am so thankful for you and your sweet heart. All the Lord wants us to do is say we will follow him and He takes care of the rest, what a sweet thought!!!

    ReplyDelete