Sunday, February 27, 2011

Radical

Two books that have changed my life (not just saying that, I think about what I've read in these books ALL THE TIME):





Seriously. If you haven't read them, I SO recommend them both. Over the past year or so God has totally revolutionized my entire life, my way of thinking, what I have a heart for, and these books have aided in that. I'm still trying to process what I'm learning and how I'm growing... but to sum it up (for now), I am SO THANKFUL.

Thankful that God has opened my eyes to "the least of these", thankful for the heart he has given me for orphans, thankful for what He is teaching me.

... and thankful that I live in a country where I can talk freely about Jesus, thankful that I can attend church without risking my safety, thankful that I live in a safe place with electricity and heat and running water, thankful that I was born healthy (albeit HUGE... 9lbs 12oz) in a hospital to parents who wanted me and were excited for me to join them.

With that said, I will not stop at just being thankful. There are millions of people in this world who do not share these same privileges- and I cannot ignore their need for the Gospel and for their basic physical needs to be met. I will try my hardest to advocate, to pray, to help meet their needs, etc.

I seriously have no idea what this will look like... so right now I am just going to BE HERE in THIS MOMENT and do what I can RIGHT NOW.

Everyone to whom much was given, of him much will be required... Luke 12:48

Love yall,
Lindsay

P.S. The party for Mandi/little fundraiser we had for The Kramers
went great... it was so fun\humbling to see a bunch of college students scraping change out of their cars and giving up Starbucks $ in order to bring sweet Ivan home. I am horrible about taking pictures so there aren't any, sorry folks!! :)

1 comment:

  1. love you, love your blog, love your heart for the orphan.

    you must begin following these people. you simply must!

    http://aplacecalledsimplicity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete