Wednesday, May 18, 2011

conviction

Sometimes it feels like thinking about someone's suffering is the same as doing something about it. Don’t take the bait. -Bob Goff

Seriously. When Bob Goff tweeted (follow him on Twitter! he is fantastic!) that a while back, I realized that I had done just that. I had taken the bait. I realized that I spend a WHOLE lot of time THINKING about orphans, and not much DOING.

Jesus does not call me to worry about orphans. He calls me to CARE for them. And no, I can't do very much, but I can do SOMETHING.

Some organizations that are awesome:

Show Hope
147 Million Orphans
Reece's Rainbow
Project Hopeful

I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.
-Helen Keller


Sucre, Bolivia
June 2006

1 comment:

  1. great post. so great you'll be doing something this summer. they're not quite orphans… but they could be. i love your heart!

    ReplyDelete